Camp Ocean Pines Mosaic Garden Art Retreat
1473 Randall Dr, Cambria, California
(Arrive Thursday 4 pm thru Sunday 2 pm)
Mosaic Garden Art Retreat At Camp Ocean Pines 2022
- $629 Includes: Instruction, 4 days/3 nights lodging in dorm-style cabins and 9 meals.
- $554 Includes: Instruction, no lodging and 9 meals.
Experience why mosaic art lovers of all skill levels continue to return for these fabulous 4-day retreats! Whether you’re a curious beginner, serious hobbyist or accomplished professional, your creative side will flourish in this inspiring environment!
With over 40 years of combined mosaic-making and teaching experience, Donnell and Fred will patiently guide you through the entire process, through group discussions and demonstrations and plenty of one-on-one instruction. Their workshops and style of teaching are well known for being relaxing and fun as well as educational, encouraging and motivating.
The workshop takes place in the spacious Crafts Lodge that features a whimsical floor-to-ceiling mosaic fireplace and work spaces with surrounding forest and coastal views.
What makes this retreat so unique?
- Location! Midway between LA and SF along scenic Highway 1. Situated on a 12-acre Monterey pine forest hillside with spectacular ocean views and sunsets. Deer and other wildlife freely roam the property.
- Excellent Value! Price includes 9 delicious meals and lodging!! Camp can also accommodate any particular nutritional needs (gluten free, lactose intolerance, etc). Just let them know at registration.
- Instruction: Benefit from the knowledge of two experienced instructors.
- Flexible work schedule: Following orientation, participants are free to work at their own pace, starting as early and working as late as they wish.
- Individual projects: Select a project of your choice and finish it in the mosaic style and tesserae that you prefer. Choose from the list of handmade, one-of-kind projects or upon instructor’s approval you may bring your own.
- Huge variety of materials: Tile, stained glass, china, pebbles & shells and much more. You are also encouraged to bring any of your own materials to use or share.
- Mosaic Tour: Enjoy a special Saturday morning walking tour of the many mosaic art installations and other fabulous artwork found throughout Camp.
You will learn such things as:
- Basic mosaic design ideas and approaches that spark creativity.
- Safety practices and proper use of tools to cut tile, china, glass, stone, etc.
- Overcoming the fear of using a wet tile saw and other essential power tools commonly used in mosaics.
- Which adhesives are best for indoor and outdoor mosaics.
- Proper grouting techniques to get professional results, including whether or not to grout and how to choose the right color.
- Eco-friendly mosaic-making ideas to recycle, save water and save money!
- And much more!
Note: Several weeks prior to the workshop, registered participants will receive an informative email to help them prepare for an enjoyable and successful weekend!
Info: Fred and Donnell 805.440.3054 Camp Ocean Pines 805.927.0254
Minimum Tesserae Fee*
|12” stepping stone||$10||$10 & up|
|16” stepping stone||$15||$15 & up|
|8” or 10″ terra cotta pot, sealed||$30, $40||$15 & up|
|16” hand made concrete birdbath 21″H x 16″ W||$135||$35 & up|
|12″ x 18″ wedi board wall hanging, finished edges||$75||$20 & up|
|6″ or 8″ ht. round, or 10″ht. fluted concrete mushroom, hand made||$25, $55 or $75||$5, $10, $15|
|11″ x 9″ hand made concrete wall heart or puffed heart on stake (12″ x 10″ and up, sizes vary)||$95 & up||$25 & up|
|10″ dia. hand made sphere||$85||$25 & up|
|8″-10″ hand made concrete bug: lady bug or beetle||$75 – $85||$10|
|16” heart mirror||$60||$20 & up|
|15”x 12″ rectangle mirror (specify vertical or horizontal)||$60||$20 & up|
|15” lazy susan||$70||$20 & up|
|12″ x 19″ x 3/4″ primed plywood wall hanging (specify vertical or horizontal)||$50||$20 & up|
*Depending on the size of the project and tesserae (mosaic materials) chosen, a tesserae fee will be added to the project price, payable to the instructors on Sunday.
Note: Projects described as ‘hand made’ are custom made by Fred. Dimensions may vary slightly and are subject to availability.
COVID-19 guidelines: Whether staying on-site or off-site, Camp Ocean Pines requires proof of (a) a completed vaccination more than two weeks prior to visit, or (b) a negative COVID-19 diagnostic lab test with results within 72 hours prior to arrival.